The Beyler Mosque located nearby the Shirvanshahs' Palace Complex was built in 1895. The sons of Mohammad Hashim al-Bakuvi: Haji –baba and Haji Djavad, as well as the well –known millionaire Agha-Murtuz Mukhtarov, Ibrahim Shirvani (calligrapher), Mir Ali an-Naghi, Mir Taghi, Seyid Hussein (master –architect) contributed to its construction. The monument was built on the site of an earlier mosque and blends in with a curved street ending with a perfect minaret. As a result of the development of industrial capitalism in Baku, the mosque has laid the foundation for architectural innovations in religious buildings providing preservation of local architectural traditions. A first attempt was undertaken in introducing of a three-dimensional composition specific to the Shirvanshahs' period. The interior consists of a vestibule, a prayer hall and a mehrab with special masonry and decorative pattern. The Beyler Mosque was built in such a manner that allows combining European, Asian and local architecture design concepts. An evident eclectic is displayed here not veiled with any motifs. Because sections and architectural elements and local architecture spirit was introduced in the spatial composition and treatment of its façade. Masonry and stone carving of the walls of the pointed cupola is perfect.
3D view of the sightseeings of the Old City.