Order N 01
May 12, 2009
On Regulating the Issues of Use of Monuments Located in the Territory of the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher"
In accordance with Article 10 of Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan "On Protection of Monuments of History and Culture" and paragraphs 8 and 10 of the Regulation on the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher" approved by Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated February 28, 2005, N 200, it shall be prohibited to lease out the monuments of world and national value and their parts that are in state or municipal ownership, located in the territory of the Reserve, and their use shall be possible only in the manner specified by legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
However, as a result of monitoring conducted by the staff of the Administration it was established that a number of monuments of national value had been leased out.
Guided by paragraphs 8.12 and 14.5 of the Statute of the Administration of the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher" under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, and paragraph 7.7 of the Regulation on the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher", in ordder to prevent the abovementioned cases and to use monuments as set forth in the legislation:
- Approve Forms of " Preservation agreement on obligations on the use and safeguarding of the monument", "Rules of Use" and "Report on Technical Inspection" (Enclosed)
- The authority to sign on behalf of the Administration the preservation agreements on use and safeguarding of the monument shall be entrusted on the Head of Administration.
- Entrust the Deputy Head of the Department of Strategic Development and Regulation E. Yusubov to ensure the conclusion of the preservation agreements on the use and safeguarding of monuments or their separate parts with all users of monuments regardless of the form of ownership and subordination.
- In order to ensure the control of compliance with the terms of the agreement and the rules of use approved with this Order, as well as for the preparation of the technical inspection report, a working group shall be established comprising: Elkhan Mammadov, Head of Division of Studies of Heritage, Registration and Supervision over Regime of Use of Monuments of the Department of Studies of Heritage and International Relations (Head); Emil Huseynli, Head of Division of Territorial Development and Public Services of Department of Strategic Studies and Regulation; and Elkhan Rafiyev, Chief Advisor of Division of Architectural Planning and Examination of Projects. Authorise the Working Group to involve in its work the staff of the units incorporated into the structures of the Administration.
- Instruct Elkhan Mammadov, Head of Division of Studies of Heritage, Registration and supervision over Regime of Use of Monuments of Department of Studies of Heritage and International Relations, to identify and prevent the cases of the use of the monuments, which are on the balance sheet of the Administration, in manner not specified under the agreement, to keep records of preservation agreements on obligations of the use and safeguarding.
- Instruct Elchin Musayev, Director of Housing and Communal and Repairs Service, Vafa Guliyeva, Director of Scientific and Cultural Centre, and Akif Heydarov, Director of Scientific and Production Shop, within the objectives and powers, established in charters, to take appropriate measures on the implementation of joint activities with the users of the monument based on contractual relations.
- I shall personally oversee the implementation of the Order.