Scientific-practical conference on "Capitals of Azerbaijan" was held in Tahir Salahov's house-museum in Icheri Sheher on November 21, 2014.
The following topics were addressed to the conference participants:
- Capital cities of the Ilkhanate;
- The ancient city of Gabala, the capital of Caucasian Albania and its archaeological excavations;
- An important capital city Ancient Barda, which has an important place in the history of Azerbaijan;
- Early urban culture in Azerbaijan (based on Nakhchivan materials);
- Ancient Capital City: Shamakhi in sources and historical studies;
- The 18th century city of Azerbaijan - Aghsu;
- Attention towards monuments in the capital Baku;
- The capital of the Karabakh khanate - Shusha;
- Ancient Baku as the pearl of our national heritage;
- Capitals of Azerbaijan and Silk Road;
- The culture of Turkic people living in Caucasian Albania;
- Archaeological and architectural monuments of Icheri Sheher, the capital of the Shirvanshahs, on the example of the Sheikh Tahir khanqah;
- Icherisheher as a capital city in Muslim urbanization.
The text of the mentioned scientific-historical research has been reported. Collection of scientific articles and theses of the book "Capitals of Azerbaijan" was published and sent to various libraries of the Republic.